Toys for Girls and Boys: Our “Vintage” Christmas ListDecember 19, 2013
What did your Christmas look like when you were a kid? We got into the spirit on a trip down memory lane, thinking about our old holiday wishlists from years past. Can you believe our requests to Santa are now considered vintage fab finds? We'd love to hear about what you dreamed about finding under the tree when you were a kid! Leave a comment for us, and enjoy our timeless treasures:
1. Gizmo! “But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget – no matter how much he cries, or how much he begs, never, never feed him after midnight.”
2. If you didn't have a Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine, you were…well, thirsty. The Snoopy Sno-Cone machine was a plastic party and we still want one!
3. ESPRIT: oh the fashion of the 80's. We love you Esprit, now, forever and always. 4. My Little Pony: no Sea Ponies here, we wanted the real deal! Here's a tip: don't cut the tail, it doesn't grow back.
5. Skip It! What happened to exercise toys?! These were a favorite during Saturday morning cartoon commercials, despite their high-dysfunction record.
6. BMX bike. On-road, off-road, this little guy took you anywhere you wanted to go, and is still going strong!
7. Casio, oh how we loved you. You played taught us to play Greensleeves, plus make sick noises like in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Plus–you were portable (kinda)!
8. And the coup de grâce, the bane of our parents' existence: The fabulous Cabbage Patch Doll. There were fights over this one–and rightly so.
What was on your list?