Wrap It Up with Red Cap Gift GuideDecember 9, 2016
Last week, we were so busy having fun wrapping the gifts, that we forgot to give you our suggestions for what those gifts might be! Our Red Cap Cards artists are always hard at work, creating beautiful art, books, and goodies, and we wanted to share a few fun treats! From bottles of wine to books for the kids, everyone on your gift list is covered this year. See below for a small selection of fantastic holiday gift possibilities:
1. For your crazy-fun sister, who is always the life of the party: Jet Set Jungle Syrah, with label art work by Red Cap artist, Meg Hunt. We’re not sure how this one tastes, but if it’s anything as bold and lovely as Meg’s artwork, it’s sure to satisfy. Click over to Barrel + Ink to grab a bottle or two.
2. For your favorite niece or nephew who loves a good laugh: Hello, Mr. Dodo! by Red Cap artist, Nicholas John Frith. This is Nicholas John’s second picture book, and would make a perfect gift for young readers. Rather than a rambunctious hummingbird, this one is about a girl and her new doughnut-loving pal, a dodo. Published in hardcover by Arthur A. Levine books.
3. For any friend who always has great ideas they need to jot down: pick a notebook, any notebook. As if we could forget our favorite gift of this year. From Moth Magic to Forest Blue, the original Red Cap Cards notebooks are 5×7 inches, with 56 unruled pages, and boast an offset printed, heavyweight linen texture cover with foil details. Click over to our shop to see them all.
6. For the grandkids, who adore a whimsical story about friendship and triumph: a signed copy of Jill & Dragon by Lesley Barnes, available from her Etsy shop. This is a great nightly read, and has a surprising and sweet ending!
7. Don’t forget to grab something for yourself while you’re shopping around Lesley‘s shop. This bone china Knight Parade mug will hold cup after cup…after cup of very dark, caffeinated coffee for when your spouse’s family is in town.